We are here to serve children and families
dealing with severe, emotional
and behavioral disorders.
Children cannot be healed alone.
That's why at Epworth Village, Inc. we serve the entire family.
Who are the hearts and minds behind Epworth Village, Inc? Why can we provide the help, healing and hope your family, friends or loved ones may be looking for?
The first heart to beat for our mission was a young boy named Freddie Rawcliffe. In the 1880s, he wrote a letter offering the Women’s Home Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church the dollar he had earned through the chores he had done the previous year. His request . . . please use this dollar to build a home for children.
In 1889, the mission came alive as Mothers' Jewels Home, an orphanage that served thousands.
Today...120 Years Strong.
Located in York and Grand Island, Nebraska, Epworth Village, Inc. remembers its roots, but serves a different group of children in need and is no longer an orphanage. We have created a modern, state-of-the-art program for male children ages 7 to 18 and their families who are dealing with severe, emotional and behavioral disorders.
Our plan is based on a collaboration of cutting edge concepts developed by a wide-range of professionals. We are constantly researching trends and new treatment modalities.
We believe it truly does take a “village to raise a child.” Epworth Village is that village for children dealing with issues such as oppositional defiant disorders, post traumatic stress disorder, sexual abuse disorders and the list goes on.
Monthly, Epworth serves more than 1,000 people across Nebraska.
- Our Epworth Village Learning Center consists of teachers and para-professionals focused on behaviors in the educational setting.
- Our Residential Department serves children within one of several living units. Children in our care my qualify for two different levels of care: Therapeutic Group Home or Child Welfare Group Home.
- Our Day Treatment Program is a level of care for those children who do not fit the residential program; Day Treatment clients live elsewhere and come to Epworth to receive therapy and school.
- Our Therapy Department employs Masters-level therapists who conduct thousands of individual, group and family therapy sessions each year.
- Our In-Home Safety Services program works with families directly in the home setting.
- Our Foster Care Program trains and provides ongoing training and 24/7 support for foster parents in the area.
- Our Healthcare Department ensures that all the children's basic medical needs are met in a safe and caring fashion.
- Our Spiritual Life program seeks to meet spiritual needs of the boys at Epworth. Clients and staff pray and eat meals together. Following dinner five nights a week, staff lead a devotional that is both spirit-led and applicable to young boys' lives. Spiritual life is modeled by all staff to encourage all residents to choose develop the spiritual portion of their lives. Epworth's Spiritual Life program is based on Christianity, but does not adhere to any specific denominational background.
- Our Maintenance and Food Service Departments keep children secure and well fed.
At Epworth Village we work together as a team. We believe our program is only as successful as the “village members” who care for the children in our keep during the time they are served here.
There are many stories we want to share with you. Welcome to our website. Here you can meet our people, read real-life success stories, become a volunteer, help support our mission with donations and much more.